New Beginnings

In this blog, I am documenting my life. I have come full circle, from trying to become a child of God to actually becoming one. It took me many years of self-deception and searching for something I could not describe to finally find Christ.

Friday, January 07, 2005

I love to share

I want to tell you about myself. I am at the spot in my life where I have become strong enough to reach out to people and share places where I have been. Emotional places, places where I haven't been proud of, times when I would go out my door and not want anyone to see me, so I would hide behind my house. I have had times when I would wear a heavy coat in the summer because I did not want anyone to recognize me. I have been married three times; at the age of 19, I married a man who turned out to be a pedophile, and he kept me barefoot and pregnant for eight years while he cheated with my girlfriends, cousins and babysitters. I gave him three children. By the time I was 29, I was in the process of getting a divorce from him and he gained custody of our three children, after throwing me in jail, and generally driving me nuts. I recovered from this with the aid of alcohol, and found myself pregnant by a man who was married to someone else. So now, I was not only trying to get my kids back from the pedophile, I was having another one with someone else, who was trying to get back with his wife. Not fun. Then the man with whom I was expecting this fourth child started telling me about how God was going to produce this fabulous paradise in 1975. Well, I fell for that, too. Yes, I became a Jehovah's Witness, and this guy ended up with a divorce from his wife, and I married him. This was a first class mess, and I was the plaything in the midst of it.

Well, to make a long story short, in 1989, I began a journey of self-improvement. I ended my 14 year marriage to this Jehovah's Witness, I started going to college to make something out of myself, and I achieved the impossible.

I am now in the educational field, I teach English and study Theology, and minister to those who have come out of cults like I did.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home