New Beginnings

In this blog, I am documenting my life. I have come full circle, from trying to become a child of God to actually becoming one. It took me many years of self-deception and searching for something I could not describe to finally find Christ.

My Photo
Name:

I write research articles, have done so since 1994.  I married my best friend in 2012, and we are in it for the long haul.  I have four children and five grandchildren.  My expertise is in teaching Sunday School.  I love listening to them memorize verses, and telling them Bible stories.  You can see my current endeavors at nicenet.org, and on Facebook at Yucaipa Writer's Group.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Who am I?

Who Am I ?
Matt. 5:13 I am the salt of the earth
Matt. 5:14 I am the light of the world.
John 1:12 I am a child of God (part of His family)
John 15:1,5 I am part of the true vine, a channel (branch) of Christ’s life.
John 15:15 I am Christ’s friend.
John 25:16 I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear his fruit.
Romans 5:18 I am a slave of righteousness
Rom. 6:22 I am enslaved to God.
Rom. 8:14,15 I am a son of God (God is spiritually my father)(see Galatians 3:26 and 4:6)
Rom. 8:17 I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing his inheritance with him.
1 Cor 3:16, 6:19 I am a temple (home) of God. His spirit (his life) dwells in me.
1 Cor 6:17 I am joined (united) with him, and am one in spirit with him.
1 Cor 12:27 I am a member (part) of Christ’s body(see ‘Ephesians 5:30)
2 Cor. 5:17 I am a new creation (new person)
2 Cor. 5:18,19 I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation.
Gal.3:26,28 I am a son of God and one in Christ.
Gal. 4:6,7 I am an heir of God since I am a son of God.
Eph. 1:1 I am a saint (see 1Cor 1:2, Phil. 1:1, and Col. 1:2)
Eph 2:10 I am God’s workmanship (handiwork) heCor 1:2, Phil. 1:1, and Col. 1:2
Created (born anew) In Christ to do his work that he planned beforehand for me to do.
Eph 2:19 I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God’s people in his family.
Eph 3:1, 4:1 I am a prisoner of Christ.
Eph 4:24 I am righteous and holy.
Phil. 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven and seated in heaven right now. (see Eph 2:6)
Col 3:3 I am hidden with Christ in God
Col 3:4 I am an expression of the life of Christ because he is my life.
Col 3:12 I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved.
1 thess 1;4 I am chosen and dearly loved by God.
1 thess 5:5 I am a son of light and not of darkness.
Heb. 3:1 I am a holy brother, partaker of a heavenly calling.
Heb. 3:14 I am a partaker of Christ, and I share in his life.
1Pet 2:5 I am one of God’s living stones and am being built up (in Christ) as a spiritual house.
1 pet 2:9,10 I am a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession to
proclaim the excellencies of him.
1 Pet. 2:11 I am an alien and stranger to this world I temporarily live in.
1 oet 5:8 I am an enemy of the devil.
1John 3:1,2 I am now a child of God, I will resemble Christ when he returns.
1John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one(the devil) cannot touch me.

I am not the great “I Am”(Exodus 3:14, John 8:24,28,58) “but by the grace of God I am what I am.”(1Cor 15:10)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home