New Beginnings

In this blog, I am documenting my life. I have come full circle, from trying to become a child of God to actually becoming one. It took me many years of self-deception and searching for something I could not describe to finally find Christ.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Newsletter Which I Read Today

It was a newsletter about ex members of Jehovah's Witnesses, of which I am one, so it interested me. It told of abuse within the cult, much of which I have heard from reports of others. I read it, and much of it was familiar. However, the editor put her picture on the front, as she has in the past, and I have seen it before. But this time it was different. I had been speaking to a friend on the phone, another former Jehovah's Witness, and this friend told me that two people that I know were divorced earlier in the year. I think that the editor of this newsletter is the wife in this situation. She spoke in her newsletter of being married to an alcoholic, and that was the abuse of which she is familiar. When I think of these two people, the guy could be a heavy drinker; he gave a conference where there was beer in his hotel room. I did not stay that long to see anyone drink, because I felt very uncomfortable there.

If I get any further insight into the situation, I will post it on this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home