New Beginnings

In this blog, I am documenting my life. I have come full circle, from trying to become a child of God to actually becoming one. It took me many years of self-deception and searching for something I could not describe to finally find Christ.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It was after I moved back to Milwaukee that I experienced my first awakening. Second part of "secrets"

It was about 1977, and I had been married to my second husband since our son was 2 years old. We had gotten married in 1975, which was the first year that I had heard about as the predicted end of the world, otherwise known as Armageddon, as Sue had first told me and my current husband was confirming. We had spent the last 18 months in Arkansas with his aunt and uncle, who were Baptists, but were not church goers, since his uncle was very sick, and so was his aunt, who died the same year the uncle did, which was the year after we went back to Milwaukee.

Having said all that, this was my first bad experience in "the truth" and let all who read this take heed. I met a woman who was the wife of an elder; her name was Gail. Her husband's name was Dean. We were having financial troubles, and we could not pay a bill, so she got me a job with the agency for which she worked, at the company where they had placed her. Gail had a lot of friends at this company, and she picked up a woman for work, who was living with a boyfriend. She told me not to try to tell this woman anything about being a witness; she said that there was a difference between being no part of the world and having to live in it. She would come and sit with me at lunch and tell me about supposed conversations she had with "born-agains" and people with whom we both worked. She never talked about anything like that when we worked together at the same table, but would tell me things only at lunch. One day, she and a couple of the girls spent lunch hour in a local bar and she came back to work quite inebriated. She also told me that the boss, who was African-American, had a crush on her because her derriere was large. Then her husband broke his ankle, and had to stay home and take care of the kids, and one morning, my husband dropped me off at her house so she could take me to work, and she started hollering at her husband so bad that I knew he felt like two cents; it was like she was the man and she was abusing him. An elder, no less. Well, I brought it up with her later, and she swore up and down it had never happened. But two days later, she started talking to me about the way I treated my husband, because he had forgotten (?) to pick me and my son up at her house, and I was complaining about it. Well, I stopped hanging around with her after some other incidents, all of which were bad. For an elder's wife, I didn't think she had the qualities of an good Christian, let alone be an example to me.

This was my first bad experience, and not the last.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home