New Beginnings

In this blog, I am documenting my life. I have come full circle, from trying to become a child of God to actually becoming one. It took me many years of self-deception and searching for something I could not describe to finally find Christ.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Secrets of the Cult; part one

When I was a Jehovah's Witness, I was privy to many things, and I think it was because people thought I was too naive to understand anything.

I was first a student of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1974, but my first affiliation with someone else who studied with a JW was in 1971. I was very vulnerable, because I believed anything and everything. I had a friend I will call Sue. She would call me on the phone, and would tell me she was "witnessing to me" by reading the Bible over the phone. One of the things I remember her reading was that God wanted a person to get married if they felt in the least bit sexually aroused. I had never read that before, and Sue told me that "that's what it says". I thought it to be quite odd, but I didn't know any better, since I did not feel to close to God at that point in my life.

Sue claimed to be a devout student, and she felt that her Bible studies gave her good luck. Little did I know that she was also a friend of the man with whom I was married, the man whom I could not trust, the man who was not faithful, and who in 1964 had been accused of child molestation, but not convicted. This faithful woman, who read the Word of God over the phone, was devising a way to help this child molester take my children away from me.

In 1974, when I began my studies in earnest with Jehovah's Witnesses, Sue and I came in contact once again, after my divorce from the child molester. At that time, I was told that she had made changes in her life, and of course because it came from those I was studying under, I believed it. She had succeeded in aiding and abetting him to take my children away, but I could not prove it.

I could not get away from her, for she had told the elders about her contact with me; I was not aware what had been said, so I was intimidated.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home